Sheffield Carers Centre are here to help any adult who is an unpaid carer. A carer is someone who provides support – practical and/or emotional – to an adult or child with an illness, disability, frailty, mental health problems or substance misuse issues. The Carers Centre offers advice, information and support.
- Carers Advice Line – call to get specialist advice and information – 0114 272 8362
- Drop-in Sessions – you can drop in to the centre on Wednesday mornings to chat to an advisor
- Specialist Advice – find out about employment rights, benefits and wills, power of attorney, trusts, and community care for free
- Information Library – information about caring and your role, available on our website
- Carer’s Needs Assessments – looks at how your caring role impacts your life, and what support you might need
- Personalised support based on your needs including:
- Time for a Break service
- One-to-one counselling
- Support Packages
- In Safe Hands – plan for emergencies or make a contingency for when you are unable to care
- Facebook – you can join the discussion online with our private Facebook groups.
- Carers Cafés – meet other carers once a month for tea and cake (details on our website)
- Newsletter – every few months we send out our newsletter full of news and information
- Carers Groups – meetings in your community with other carers.
For more information please visit: